Hey, friends! I have been tagged in a couple of blogging awards over the last few weeks and felt that today would be the perfect day to sit down and answer all of your questions and tag some of my favorite WordPress ladies for you to follow too.
I would like to thank Abigail from thefreckledfashionista for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! She is the sweetest and am so thankful for her tag!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
Brief Story- Over a year ago I sat down in my mom’s office looking for a way to combine my love for photography, clothing, makeup, and writing. She told me to start a blog. The idea made me nervous but I told her that if we could think of a name I would be willing to start one. A few weeks later my website was designed, a name was picked, and my first blog post ever was published. Just like that my life was flipped upside down and I could not be more grateful for this blog and all the people I have met along the way!
Two Pieces Of Advice- There are two things in specific that I wish someone had told me before starting a blog and making it more than a way to spend my free time. The first being, you are half the recipe to your success. If you want to reach your goals, go out and work towards them. Half of your success depends upon yourself, your passion, and your content. The other half is up to the people who read your blog and are the numbers behind it, which brings me to my next piece of advice. Stop worrying about the number. If your blog is not ‘growing’ the way you want it or you feel like there are so many people doing better than you, take the time to really look at your following. I currently stand at 1,200 WordPress followers and compared to others that number is so minuscule and to others that is so huge. Think of your following as the actual people and faces they are, not the number they make up. You’d be surprised how differently you view your following from then on.
15 Bloggers I tag-
- Mercy Immanuela
- Absolutely Olivia
- Kristen Shane
- Queen City Petite
- Meredith Ann
- Jessica Jade Beauty
I would like to thank soosophisticatedbeauty for tagging me in the Mystery Blogger Award! Check out her page for the cutest beauty reviews. This award was created by Okoto Enigma, be sure to check her out here.
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link them
- Mention and link the creator of the award
- Tell your followers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the 5 questions left for you by your nominator
- Nominate 10 bloggers and notify them
- Ask your nominees 5 questions
- Share links to your best/fav blog posts.
Three things about me:
1. I am a fraternal twin. My sister’s name is Madison and she almost always takes my blog pictures.
2. I really love planning things out. I always am writing something down in order to keep my thoughts organized.
3. I hope to travel to fifteen states this year.
5 Questions Left By My Nominator-
- Lipstick or Lipgloss? Both! I am such a sucker for glossy, plump lips but love wearing lipstick on an everyday basis.
- Top 5 wishlist products. Currently on my wishlist is a marble computer case, New Balance sneakers, red Hunters, a microphone for YouTube videos, and a dress for Winter formal.
- If you could anything at this very moment, right this very second, what would it be? If I could be anything right now, it would be successful in all the ways I wish.
- What’s your current favourite TV series to watch? Right now I’m watching 90210 and love it but my all time favorite show is One Tree Hill.
- Next Travel Destination ? New York to visit my aunt is where I’ll be headed next!
10 Bloggers I Tag-
- Emily Clare Beauty
- Beauty and the Ballroom
- Sophie Maie
- Ivana’s Makeup World
and the 5 Questions for them-
1. What are your favorite blog posts to write?
2. What do you want to be when you’re older?
3. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Are you closer with your mom or dad?
5. Have you ever been out of the country?
My Three Favorite Blog Posts-
Well that’s a wrap for today’s blog post. I hope you all enjoyed and congratualations to the twenty five ladies who I have nominated! Wishing you all the best today and always. With love, McKenz.