Recently I have racked up quite the collection of blogging awards and I am super thankful for all of the ladies that constantly show me love and support by nominating me with these fabulous awards. Today I’m kicking back to answer some questions from you all and share a bit about myself. Enjoy!
The Versatile Blogger Award/One Lovely Blogger Award- I would like to thank Currentlylately, Sincerely Dreamette, Azra, pinkfordays and Allurelaura, for nominating me for this award; you all are the best!
- You have to thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself (being truthful!)
- I’m pretty sure ice-cream is a load 50% of my diet lol. I love cookie dough ice cream in a waffle cone.
- If I could travel to one place in the world right now I would have to choose South Africa. It looks absolutely stunning there and I feel like it would be such a cool adventure.
- My twin sister is my best friend.
- I have at least 50 pairs of shoes. Shoes are my weakness… clearly.
- I aspire to have hair like Carrie Bradshaw.
- I help out doing makeup for my school’s drama department but don’t have the courage to actually try out for a play to be on stage. However, I would love to and wish I did!
- I’m probably the chattiest girl you’ll ever meet.
The Mystery Blogger Award- A big thank you to Jamie from Don’t Give a Jam for nominating me for this award and Okoto Enigma for creating this tag.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog post
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions the blogger gave to you
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask nominees 5 questions of your choice (one weird/funny question)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- Do you pronounce it tomato or tomahto? Tomato.
- What is your most used word or phrase? Hmm this one is tough, I feel as though I say the word ‘mamacita’ a lot. This means hot mama in Spanish and my friends all use the word when talking about one another lol.
- Favorite song of the moment? Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran
- What’s the last thing you dreamt about? I can’t remember anything more than I was eating gummy bears in my last dream.
- If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life, which would you choose? One Tree Hill; it is hands down the best TV Show out there!
- I read my Bible every night before bed and try to write a bit. I’ve done this for as long as I can remember.
- If I had to choose between endless makeup and needless clothes I would without a doubt choose clothes.
- I’m convinced that 75 degrees and sunny with no humidity is the absolute best weather around.
A few of my favorite posts-
My Questions to you-
- What is your favorite word?
- If you could only choose one person to speak to for the rest of your life who would be?
- What was the first occupation you dreamed of having as a child?
- If you could change something about yourself what would it be and why?
- Do you ever regret starting a blog?
Liebster Award with a twist- Thank you so much allofmebeauty for tagging me in this award, you are the sweetest!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Write a post acknowledging your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started and some advice for new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers to do this award.
- Comment to all them bloggers to let them know.
- Share one of your favourite blog memories and give 2 of your favourite blog posts and tell us why they’re your favorite.
Brief story on how StyledbyMcKenz came to be- I have told the story of why/how I started my blog time and time again but here it goes once more: Over a year ago I sat down in my mom’s office looking for a way to combine my love for photography, clothing, makeup, and writing. She told me to start a blog. The idea made me nervous but I told her that if we could think of a name I would be willing to start one. A few weeks later my website was designed, a name was picked, and my first blog post ever was published. Just like that my life was flipped upside down and I could not be more grateful for this blog and all the people I have met along the way!
Two Pieces Of Advice- There are two things in specific that I wish someone had told me before starting a blog and making it more than a way to spend my free time. The first being, you are half the recipe to your success. If you want to reach your goals, go out and work towards them. Half of your success depends upon yourself, your passion, and your content. The other half is up to the people who read your blog and are the numbers behind it, which brings me to my next piece of advice. Stop worrying about the number. If your blog is not ‘growing’ the way you want it or you feel like there are so many people doing better than you, take the time to really look at your following. I currently stand at 1,200 WordPress followers and compared to others that number is so minuscule and to others that is so huge. Think of your following as the actual people and faces they are, not the number they make up. You’d be surprised how differently you view your following from then on.
Favorite blog memory- I feel as though I haven’t done anything super out of the ordinary in terms of blogging but nonetheless my favorite blogging memory has to be getting dressed up in my ribbon skirt and lace up heels before stopping on the side of the road with snow on the ground to take my one year anniversary pictures. I had so much joy and pride filled inside, like everything I had worked so hard for had paid off in one way or another.
Two favorite posts and why- Inevitably ‘StyledbyMcKenz Turns One‘ is my all time favorite blog post for reasons stated earlier and in close second would have to be ‘The Power of Makeup‘. I received such positive feedback from this post and felt so comfortable in my own skin, so proud of what I wrote and the message I was sending to other girls of all ages and ethnicities.
Below are nine girls I tag to answer any of the tags mentioned today (Versatile Blogger Award, Liebster Award, Mystery Blogger Award)-
- trip by triplets
- kaylee marie
Alright friends, that’s a wrap for today’s blog post. I hope you all enjoyed and hopefully learned a bit more about me. Be sure to leave me requests for upcoming blog posts you would like to see along with any other comments or questions you may have for me. Sending you all my love. With love, McKenz.